View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Virginty is overrated, so give me yours.

Credits: 181,955
Mr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSF

I didn't get nailed by a skimmer, but I almost got nailed my a phishing e-mail. The only reason I caught it was that it had a hppts// address, but my address bar didn't turn green. It also asked for both my SS # and my account #. That was another tip off. To make matters worse, in the original e-mail, it had the last 4 digits of my CC.

Just before entering any info ( I had entered in everything, but didn't click send, thank goodness), I got a strange feeling so I called the CC. They confirmed it wasn't their email or sight.

I sigh relief now, but if it wasn't for a very strange hunch, I might have gotten burned big. The CC co. closed the account and is sending me a new card. Only had this card for less than a month.

So ppl be careful when sending any sensitive info over the net when asked by an unsolicated email. This email that I got was to set up an online code so I could check my account online. I still don't know how they got the last 4 digits from my new CC.