Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,958
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Oh, in regards to Usenet files... it's somewhat complicated because certain files are relegated to certain usenet hosts. And some people don't have what is known as "retention". If you're using a basic access account to Usenet, you get maybe 10-20 days of retention, meaning you get access to those files for that long. If you're paying $11 a month or so, you get over 1000 days easily, meaning posts made a couple years ago are still valid.

On top of that, even without an SSL downloading from Usenet is pretty damn secure, but most people don't download form Usenet because they don't know what it is nor do they know how it works. There is a pretty substantial learning curve if you're setting it up yourself. IT took me a few hours to set it up and get the hang of it. I was, however, also setting up scripts known as SickBeard and Couch Potato, which are scripts that will automatical ownload movies and tv shows you want for you, automatically extract them, and rename them how you want (i.e. TV Show Name - SE01E02 - Title of Episode.avi) and alsl place the in the specified folder.

Usenet makes downloading autonomous if you require it to be. Otherwise getitng files individually requires going to indexing sites which operate exactly like a forum. suppose for those without access to those we could bogart the linksand post them here, though I'm not 100% sure if those links only work for others subscribed to the same usenet provider (I'm with one called Supernews)

OH! Also, with Usenet you can download at your full internet speed capabilities. I routinely download shows and movies at 2MB per second. I downloaded all 5 seasons of Mad Men in 720P (over 100GB worth) over night in about 4-5 hours.

Usenet is the titties.

My Movie Review Thread | Website