View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 42,040
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
1) Don't act like your shit don't stink. Every team. EVERY TEAM... has stupid drunk people at their stadium. I've sat in the bleachers at Wrigley, was it filled with drunks? Yeah. Did I have a good time? You're damn right. Why? Because most of them were fun loving people looking to have a good time. Everyone who bashes the Cubs bashes their fan base and the drunks who go there. This has nothing to do with the actual team. Most people don't go to a baseball game to sit down and do in depth analysis, they go to drink, have fun, and enjoy their favorite team play baseball. Who cares if they don't know what OPS+ means.

2) It's Busch stadium

3) Like a typical Cardinals fan, when you know your team sucks and isn't going to amount to anything, you focus on the Cubs being shitty, even though they currently have the 2nd best record in baseball and haven't shown any signs of a collapse. And before you reiterate with a comment about a Cubs collapse, just know that I myself am fully expecting somewhere down the road a Cubs fallout at some point. I know better than to think this could be the real deal. Do I hope it is? Sure. Do I think it is? Partially. I'm not getting my hopes up yet. 2003 damn near killed me, not letting it happen again.

4) The general consensus is that Mark Cuban will not be allowed to buy the Cubs because the other owners won't approve the sale to someone like him. Although there appears to be a shred of hope, and I myself hope he buys them. And to even think that the Cubs would be moved to a different city is rigoddamndiculous. The Cubs will never move. They may, in the distant future play in a different stadium because Wrigley starts to crumble, but even that is a long shot that won't happen for years and years.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't like it when ill informed people make assumptions about the Cubs that simply aren't true