View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,711
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

This is an interesting topic and I think that I'm a little bit different than most people here. Personally, I am anti-gun 100%. I do not understand the obsession with anything "gun" unless it involves NERF. However, I have no problem with people being responsible and owning them. I just have no desire myself to use them/carry one/ etc. I grew up in the South, my family all hunts and I did stuff like that as a youth but just never dug it as my thing. I would agree with Sean that the Assault Rifles aren't typically the problem and I would argue that handguns are far more dangerous than assault rifles just because of the availability, concealability and so on. Then again, I also had a friend who lost his life because he was stupid with his own gun a few years ago when he thought someone was breaking into his house so that colors my decision as well.

I think people should be able to have them, if they want them, but that there should be restrictions that prevent irresponsible people from getting them. Perhaps some state funded and instructed exam system that just shows you know which end the bullet comes out of would be a good start