View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Check back here for a review of Chrome so far but for now be aware:

Google’s shiny new Web browser is vulnerable to a carpet-bombing vulnerability that could expose Windows users to malicious hacker attacks.

Just hours after the release of Google Chrome, researcher Aviv Raff discovered that he could combine two vulnerabilities — a flaw in Apple Safari (WebKit) and a Java bug discussed at this year’s Black Hat conference — to trick users into launching executables direct from the new browser.

Raff has cooked up a harmless demo of the attack in action, showing how a Google Chrome users can be lured into downloading and launching a JAR (Java Archive) file that gets executed without warning.

In the proof-of-concept, Raff’s code shows how a malicious hacker can use a clever social engineering lure — it requires two mouse clicks — to plant malware on Windows desktops.

The Google Chrome user-agent shows that Chrome is actually WebKit 525.13 (Safari 3.1), which is an outdated/vulnerable version of that browser.

Speed Results...what I was talking about yesterday...

I have found a few pages that do not display correctly and I have run into a few javascript errors. The tinypic website has a small issue that 99% of people will never notice for example.

Last edited by DSF Guest 8 : 09-03-2008 at 11:07 AM.