View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 5,502
dogboy has a spectacular auradogboy has a spectacular auradogboy has a spectacular auradogboy has a spectacular aura

In Canada we are forced to hear a certain percentage of airtime devoted to Canadian talent. So if you're a station that plays current music, you're hard pressed to find current successful Canadian bands. You cycle back to Nickelback pretty quickly.
Having said that, I think we at one time called one of our major stars non-Canadian for an awared because the album in question was cut out of country and with non-Canadian back up talent. Bryan Adams I think. So, we're a bit screwy at the best of times.

I did buy Silver Side Up when it came out. Even on that album I found the songs very similar. Their next release was almost exactly the same. They found a niche and a formula and their exploiting it to the fullest. That's why I think people have a distaste for them. Sure the songs rock and the hooks stick with you, but they all end up sounding the same. How can you rave about that? You can't, you can only rant about it.