Thread: Sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 02:49 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,024
georgemandingo is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default mtv makes me wanna smoke crack...

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Well said. I had been thinking this too. And also, that the current low value of mainstream music is due to the fact that a lot of people don't appreciate the actual music. I mean you can get a million songs from the internet (lord knows I have) , but do you remember getting a rare single of your favorite band, or buying a compilation just because they were on it. You would treasure it and play it for your friends or whatever.

In this day and age, it's a whole lot easier to find music similar to what you already listen to, you just search last.fm or pitchfork or anything else. You don't need money anymore, all you need is a good internet connection. What this boils down to, is that now the repeat listening sometimes necessary in really great music is erased by our even shorter attention spans, and that in turn, makes bands prone to expiration quite less so with the necessity of producing a hit.

I know I will get hit with slams telling me that there are a lot of bands doing more experimentation because of the vaster influence. But that is why I said mainstream music. I will agree that there will always be creative people out there, there is no question about that. But I'm just trying to make a point about the present state of mainstream music.