View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,503
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Love my Droid; and from what I can tell, the apps are similar (I even downed the bubble level ). But before it, I would have been tempted to break my no-Apple policy for the iphone, except I hate AT&T service even more.

They all want in our pockets, Google included.
I got this from Google a few days ago:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
As far as I can tell, Google Places is how they track my location and offer my shit up to GPS-focused adverts. The difference seems to me that there is a clear path for opting out, without threatening performance/value/service repercussions.
Apple sucks ass. They've obscured their innovations with the most manipulative and arrogant policies of any corporation in the free market - they just wrap their shit in a hipster fanboy slick-ass marketing packaging.
Even the big bad 'evil' Microsoft wouldn't try to pull their shit - because at their base they have always been closer to the open sourcing of technology, and because of the anti-trust lawsuit backlash that seems to hit everyone but Apple.