Thread: Geek talk
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 6,418
Mohaman Cheez is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Here is an excerpt from a site(link below) that seems to help explain what we talked about,main thing though is WOL only works with wired ethernet I think.
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Enable Wake-on-LAN in OS X
wake-on-sleep.pngTo enable Wake-on-LAN for you Mac, open the Energy Saver Preference pane, click Options, and then tick the Wake for Ethernet network administrator access checkbox. That's all there is to it.
Methods and Applications for Waking Your Computer with WOL
Now that you've enabled Wake-on-LAN in both your BIOS (if necessary) and your operating system, how do we go about actually waking up your computer? There are actually a number of methods for doing so, from issuing the wake command using your router to apps made specifically for this process. I'll highlight a few of these methods below.
Wake Your Computer from Anywhere with Your Web Browser
The easiest way to issue a Wake-on-LAN command from outside your local network is through your web browser, and the absolutely simplest way to do that is through your router.
--------------------------------------------------->

Mac users should check out WakeOnLan, which offers both a regular app and a Dashboard widget. It scans your local network and grabs all of the local devices so it's easy to find one and wake it up.