Thread: Sports you hate
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,543
thenobody is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Man, there's a lot of hockey haters here...

Must be a lack of Canadians, eh?

I love hockey for a lot of the reasons that you guys are bringing up disliking pro sports. Hockey players are gritty as hell man, and they play as hard as they can all the time (except for a select few Euros who mail it in once the playoff rolls around, but they don't count.) because the contracts are shorter, and it's a lot easier for a team to ditch a player who's not performing. As for sports I hate watching:

1.) Nascar - I can get drunk and watch people drive around in circles in the comfort of my own apartment. and being downtown Toronto, there's more accidents too. Throw some cabbie drivers out there, and it'd get really interesting.
2.) Soccer - just score a goal already, and stop going down like you were shot every time someone grazes your elbow.
3.) Darts - There's really nothing to redeem a bunch of overweight british guys throwing projectiles at a board. The only thing that makes it almost watchable is watching the stadium of drunken fans go batshit crazy every time someone scores 180
4.) Most of the Summer Olympic game - The winter games are just so much faster and more hardcore. C'Mon - Biathalon is the greatest thing ever. You ski, you shoot things. Life is good.

Yeah, I'm clearly Canadian. Whatever.