Thread: Sports you hate
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 10,207
BarryMcCockiner is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
There are always going to be flaws with every system, rules are put in to benefit the greatest number of people, there are always going to be those who feel like they get screwed by the rules. For me, I think NCAA football definitely is a must because the size/strength difference is so incredibly drastic between high school and the NFL. If we let high schoolers go straight to the NFL, 99% of them won't play their first 2-3 years anyway because they're still developing physically, much less talent-wise. If they jumped right into the NFL, there would be a lot more athlete fatalities. I've got to side with Jizz here, the ones that have their heads on straight know that they're getting paid in a round-about way by getting their scholarship, free training, meal plans, and landing with the right coaches will have you much more prepared if you are trying to go pro.

I think it's much less of an issue for basketball, there have been quite a few to take the jump from HS and be very successful, but all the same, college can be a good buffer to see how someone competes against a higher tier of competition.