View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:43 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 9,417
werdna is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Question:

I do have a question. Here is the situation:

I have been uploading video files to Rapidshare to post on this forum. Most of the time I have no problems. However, I come across a file every now and then that won't upload. I will try the same file over and over with no success. I have even sat there and watched the file upload. Everything goes just like normal. The file will finish uploading and then take me to my upload page. The problem is that the file never appears on my upload page. I have tried troubleshooting this one my own by trying to upload the file at different times of the day, uploading the file after not uploading or downloading anything in days. The result is always the same. I have a paid Rapidshare account and contacted them about this problem and received this response:

Hello,

your system configuration (browser, firewall, cookie-settings, etc.) might be incorrect. We suggest you should just try another browser and if possible even another computer. If no problems occurs compare the configurations of both systems.

Delete your cache and reload the page with the error message. Please check your browser settings if cookies are enabled. If the cookie does exist it could be that your firewall blocks the cookies. You have to configure the firewall settings. A different possibility would be to try another browser. Please note that we can not give you support for your firewall or browser.

Best regards,

RapidShare AG - Support Team

The only thing I have not tried from the above email is uploading a file using a different computer. I can do this I just haven't had the chance to try it.

The other thing I haven't attempted is to upload these files to another via another website like Megaupload. Again, I can do this but haven't had the chance.

My question is, would uploading using a different computer or site make a difference? If it would, then why? Any other suggestions on successfully uploading these files would be helpful.