The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   MIdlake (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=7156)

trondi 07-05-2008 09:24 PM

MIdlake

When anyone asks me what is a good band to check out. #1 answer for a long time has been Midlake.
If you haven't listened to this band yet, or aren't sure about them yet, I say , check it out. http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...hlight=Midlake

To me they are like a modern day Alan Parsons Project without all the gay.
And the album art is really apart of the experience. The music sounds like the cover art, to me.
Put on The Trials Of Vanoccupanther on repeat. You'll see.
I am kind of worried about their next one though. The first 2 were, and are so good I can't see how they are going to follow it up. I can only hope.

I love this band.

dogstain 07-05-2008 11:26 PM

When I heard "Roscoe", I was amazed. I actually went and spent my hard-earned money on that disc. I've been hoping the rest of the album would fulfill the promise that "Roscoe" showed. I guess that I haven't listened to it enough. I'll keep trying.

jchimpo 07-06-2008 11:14 AM

Yeah "Roscoe" is the only song that I really know by them, and it's pretty solid. I need to give the rest of their stuff a chance.

dogboy 07-15-2008 04:43 PM

I'll check em out.