The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Getting Degrees Online (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=12386)

adhesivestp 11-24-2008 02:04 PM

Getting Degrees Online

Has anyone here actually ever gotten a degree in something by using some online school? I really am interested in trying to get into the computer forensics field but mostly all schools seem to really have it online as of now. Do employers really even consider an online degree legit? Whats your thoughts on online degrees?

binary_jester 11-24-2008 02:07 PM

My guess would be depends on where you want to be hired. I do not have an IS degree, but have managed to stay in the IS field for quite a while.

Sally Struthers doing computer forensics now?

TheSNakE 11-24-2008 02:12 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I'm in an on-line school right now. That's why I am always on the freakin computer. It's ok, but I could use some more input from the teacher on a regular basis. I go to Empire State College in NY and it is a SUNY school. I already checked with a few Universities about doing a Masters program and they confirmed they will accept the degree from ESC as long as I have calculus and a few others. Another option is to get most of your credits on-line and then go to a university for a few semesters so you can graduate from there. I say go for it.

SirLongFoot 11-24-2008 03:09 PM

I got a Bachelor's online, for IT, and for my situation, it was the best option. And online degrees are legit, got me a nice bump in pay at my current job.:D

Carlos Spicy Wiener 11-24-2008 03:22 PM

I got mine from a school in Grenada.......I paid $1,500 for some class and to take a 5min test on ethics!:D

adhesivestp 11-24-2008 03:23 PM

I know it probably depends on how much work you put into it but how long did it take you guys to get the degrees?

SirLongFoot 11-24-2008 03:30 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

It does depend on the school and the courses and how many credits you bring with you. I was on an accelerated course, which means no breaks for summer, winter, etc. as in traditional schools, just worked straight through. I came in with the first 2 years of credit done, and finished the Bachelors in about year.