The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   F-18 Awesome Fly By (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=22301)

Carlos Spicy Wiener 07-15-2009 01:09 AM

F-18 Awesome Fly By

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Now that's what I call a fly-past: US Navy F18 streaks past apartment block

This is the moment a a US Navy pilot gave a shocked resident a very close look at his F18.

The fighter/bomber streaked past an apartment block on the banks of the Detroit River at the weekend.

It was part of a tactical demonstration fly-past to open a speedboat race in the North American city.

Officials waived rules to allow the Navy flyers to swoop under 100ft along the waterway.

Flypast: The F18 streaks past an apartment block

One resident said: 'I couldn't believe how low they flew and how close they came to our building - I'm sure the pilot waved at me.'

The jets had flown in from the Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia to put on a spectacular show for thousands of spectators.

The Chrysler Jeep Superstores APBA Gold Cup race was won by speedboat ace Dave Villcock.

'We danced with the devil at every turn,' said Villwock, 55, who demolished the field on his way to his seventh Gold Cup win.

'We were either going to win it big or lose it big.'

He couldn't match the F15s for speed, although his average of 141mph for the five-lap final remained impressive.

satan666 07-15-2009 01:17 AM

those guys are badasses. i would love to be able to fly one of those things

n2tattoos.lol 07-15-2009 01:52 AM

when i was a kid, i lived in el centro, ca., where the blue angels do their training. i once got a fly-along. it was insane.

satan666 07-15-2009 01:55 AM

Code:

Thats cool. He prolly just did basic shit cuz there's no way a kid could handle full on maneuvers. Still, i would give anything to have gotten a fly-along.

Tablefor5 07-15-2009 06:59 AM

I use to love watching the blue angels as a kid...

I would of shit my pants on that flyby though

dragosani 07-15-2009 11:06 AM

i was in the stands when the F-18 was flying by. He did one highspeed pass and you heard the boom in the distance. oops.

SirLongFoot 07-15-2009 11:14 AM

Code:

No shit? I have a shit ton of family in El Centro and Calexico. I had no idea the Blue Angles did their training there, and I had no idea that gave fly alongs. I've always wanted to do that, and wish I could.

ThatHaole 07-15-2009 11:44 AM

Code:

White man's guilt...trying to make up for the internments and shit :p

n2tattoos.lol 07-15-2009 01:24 PM

Code:

my dad was in the navy and we lived on the base. they usually only give the press fly alongs, but one of the pilots owed my dad a favor. we did a few loops, barrel rolls, and a low ground fly by.

Bradley Nowell 07-15-2009 04:15 PM

I love being in Annapolis the week of Naval Academy graduation. Blue Angels practice 3-4 times a day, 50-100 ft overhead. One time I was by the South River, and they flew over low enough to pull a rooster tail of water behind them. Fucking awesome!