The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   soccer fans... (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=23458)

Pobs 02-16-2012 05:43 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Michael Owen for the win! Which doesn't happen much these days!

Code:

I don't mind the idea of Redknapp as England manager. Hiddink would be great, but I fear a public backlash if they don't appoint an Englishman (ridiculous I know). I think Benitez is a bit of tit, but he does have a good cup record.

As for the whole Terry/Cappello thing, the FA handled it so fucking badly. However, it glosses over the issue that Cappello should have never given that mockney cunt the armband back in the first place.

Eccles 02-16-2012 05:48 PM

Code:

There weren't too many other candidates. Gerrard and Ferdinand are too crocked, Lampard wasn't guaranteed a game, Rooney's too unpredictable. Same as now. I can't believe Ashley Cole's been mentioned as a possibility, the same guy who shot an intern with an air rifle last year.

Looks like Parker gets it by default

josehl 02-16-2012 05:50 PM

Code:

I don't think Benitez has coached at the national team level. He's available though. Knows the league, language and culture. IMO, would be a great choice.

Eccles 02-16-2012 05:57 PM

Code:

Most manager's haven't, hardly a reason. He's coached in Spain, England and Italy, that's plenty of experience.

This reminds me of how annoyed I get when commentators say a player, like they did with Joe Hart, doesn't have enough international experience to play in the national team.

Firstly, if he doesn't play he'll never get the experience.

But the main point is that, again to use Hart as an example, this is a player who goes up against players like Rooney, Torres, Drogba on a week by week basis how much more experience does a player need?

Pobs 02-16-2012 06:12 PM

Code:

IMO Parker is best option at the moment. That or Gerrard, who will probably get it.

Eccles 02-16-2012 06:15 PM

Code:

Personally, with everyone fit, neither would get into my team.

Hart
Richards Jagielka Lescott Baines
Carrick Wilshire
Johnson/Sturridge Rooney Young
Welbeck

I like Parker, I just like Carrick more

Pobs 02-17-2012 04:25 PM

Code:

Carrick is good, but he has to be on his game, and as a United fan I unfortunately know how he can be a dead weight in games.

I quite like your team, with the exception of the Johnson/Sturridge part. I think Johnson needs to move a club where he's going to play every game before he's an England regular, and I think Sturridge would be wasted out there. Unfortunately I do not have an alternative, as it appears Walcott has decided he's going to be shit.

Frothy Afterbirth 02-21-2012 05:39 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if Manchester City doesn't hang on to win the Premiership. I can't stand to look at another ManU championship.

Eccles 02-21-2012 05:55 PM

Code:

I disagree.

I was going to write a whole neutral thing about how city look shattered while United's injury crisis is ending but can't be bothered.

Pobs 02-22-2012 03:39 PM

Code:

Fuck City.