The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hey, remember Lego's?? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=9989)

katelynnx 09-21-2008 09:21 PM

When my little brother was twelve, my dad threw out thousands of dollars worth of legos he and my mother had bought him. My dad told my brother to get a new hobby. I'd like to tell the guy up there that too.

korporate 09-21-2008 11:29 PM

My dad used to buy legos for me, well he said they were for me but I think they were really for him. I always wanted the Castle sets, but he liked the Space sets so thats what I always got.

Is it bad when I look at that ship and think of things he could have done better

satan666 01-14-2009 01:56 AM

Carlos Spicy Wiener 01-14-2009 02:01 AM

I loved Lego's they were hours of fun for me and you could always build something cool that in your mind was the greatest thing ever.

mr.brownfella 01-14-2009 02:17 AM

Not to make fun, but I give him mad props. it's the Aircraft Carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVS-75) Nimitz Class. another side note it was original named the United States. Okay you can now all start to pounce on me....:eek: :eek:

Bob_Dobalina 01-14-2009 03:28 AM

I was really into legos as a kid, and a huge bin of them still exists in my parents basement. My 5 year old cousin loves em, so I always get stuck playing with him and the legos on holidays.

troup 01-14-2009 03:33 AM

Lego was great but it did seem to become extremely expensive. Didn't they start making lego robotics and stuff?

I liked Meccano and K'nex too but Lego was always the best because you could do so much.

Last thing I can remember about playing with lego was when I melted some dudes with a soldering iron, kind of a symbol of killing off one hobby to go to the next

Bob_Dobalina 01-14-2009 03:40 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Yeah, they had one called mindstorms which had a base unit, and a bunch of sensors and motors you could attach to it and program commands on the pc. They still make it I think. I had the original one. It was before usb even and had a 32 pin connector(serial?) or whatever its called.

mr.brownfella 01-15-2009 02:13 AM

So do these people

and one for N2

Carlos Spicy Wiener 01-15-2009 02:28 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Lol I pulled up to a mini this morning on the way home from work and all I could think is this N2 mini?