The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Favorite MLB Team?/MLB Talk (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=4579)

beastley 05-16-2008 09:49 AM

Favorite MLB Team?/MLB Talk

Hokay, I know it's very cool to say you hate baseball because its boring/slow/etc/etc, but I'm making this thread for those who actually DO like baseball...so if you want to let us all know how much you hate it, please don't do it here.

I'll start off.

I love the Florida Marlins cuz they were the first team I ever heard of, growing up in So Fla.

It's sad we get no support, but that's basically because SOFLA is a bandwagon place. Everyone loves the Marlins when they win champs, but don't care afterwards.

I'm glad the Marlins wrapped up Hanley, cuz he's probably one of the best players in the league.

PS I figure I won't get many replies b/c it doesn't seem like most of the people on the forums care about baseball, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Peace

Shasturbator 05-16-2008 09:51 AM

fuckin CUBS!!!!!!!!!!

this is the year!!!!

this is the year!!!!

SexyLion 05-16-2008 09:55 AM

Was a Yankee fan of the utmost, but when Thurman Munsan died, well, I drifted away from them...then my Dad got Mets season tickets and well, been a Met fan ever since.

Wifey is a big Mets fan too.

beastley 05-16-2008 10:04 AM

Seriously?

How can you go from Yanks to Mets?

I'm no NY sports guru and I realize they're not even in the same league, but I'm pretty sure that's not too cool...

binary_jester 05-16-2008 10:09 AM

Huge Diamondbacks fan. Lived in Arizona their first season. Lived and died the year they won the world series.

RvP 05-16-2008 10:12 AM

We dont get MLB in the UK but even we know that Yankee to Mets is a big no no lol:D

Its like in soccer over here , going from Arsenal to Spurs, you would get stabbed for doing it here lol

dragosani 05-16-2008 10:26 AM

I live near Detroit..... The home of the most overhyped team up until the first game was played this season.... The best thing about this years team is listening to the interviews with Jim Leyland.

sportster 05-16-2008 10:33 AM

I'm a huge fan of the game, but not of any one team.

idahotransplant 05-16-2008 11:56 AM

Yes, I'm prepared to take my beating for this, but I'm a Pirates fan. Born and raised in Pittsburgh and they happened to be good when I started watching sports as a kid. Every year they sucker me in with new pitchers and young kids that are going to break out and every year I leave disappointed. By the way, they're 8-2 in the last 10 and 1 game under .500, so I'm waiting for a nice 7 game losing streak

djtron77 05-16-2008 01:02 PM

hey, long-time lurker (ahem...downloader of music) first-time poster.

I'm a huge marlins fan as well. try to go to as many road games as i can every year. last year i was 0-8 (ouch!) but i did visit pittsburgh and, well, the pirates have a kickass stadium.

any baseball fans on here think the DH is total crap like i do? national league all the way.