The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Auburn's historic Toomer's Corner oaks poisoned (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=40955)

fsmak08 02-16-2011 07:21 PM

Auburn's historic Toomer's Corner oaks poisoned

yes this is pretty much a college football topic but I thought it deserved its own thread.....

As a Bama fan I find this disgraceful and tasteless......

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Here is the call....

Code:

TheSNakE 02-16-2011 08:06 PM

That is sad news. People are going to be pissed.

Moose_Thompson 02-16-2011 09:08 PM

What an asshole. It's 'fans' like these that give entire fan-bases a bad name. As a Gator fan I cannot imagine a situation where I would do this to any of our rivals. Especially not based on an unsubstantiated report that some students rolled the trees when a [legendary] coach died.

I hope they can find a way to save the trees. 130 years is a long time to grow new trees.

jimmywayne 02-17-2011 09:55 AM

FSMAK08 Since you made a negative post after I made a Go Auburn post in college football thread I haven't had much respect for you! But it seems to me that you are a bama supporter and I can respect that because to you and me it's really just a footbal game but hell fire I wished that Auburn can beat the Tide every year and I don't blame you for wanting to do the same thing to Auburn After all it's just a game. I wouldn't want Auburn fans to go to T-town and fuck up the Tides Walk of Fame after all its just a game. Thank goodness they did it at Auburn and I truley believe that with all the Auburn professors in farming and in plant biology that they might be able to save the trees, that's it!!! War Damn Eagle

TheSNakE 02-17-2011 10:30 AM

Code:

Auburn is a great environmental university. They have a pretty good herpetology department too. The professor is a great guy. They are retarded over football though. I hate when I am there during football season. The whole town is a giant cluster fuck.

fsmak08 02-17-2011 02:41 PM

*Arrest has been made*

Harvey Almorn Updyke Jr. made his initial court appearance today after being arrested for poisoning the legendary oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn.

Updyke, 62, from Dadeville, was arrested at 1:26 a.m. at the Auburn police department after he followed a request to meet the police there. Police believe he acted alone.

Updyke was charged with criminal mischief in the first degree.

A person who identified himself as "Al" from Dadeville and as an Alabama fan bragged on Paul Finebaum's radio show last month that he poisoned the trees. A photo on his Facebook page shows Updyke wearing an Alabama cap.

Auburn police chief Tommy Dawson said in a Thursday press conference that Updyke is still in jail. He also said the FBI was involved in the case. Dawson said the investigation began last month.

"This is a person obviously has problems to do this," Dawson said.

Updkye was arraigned at 11 a.m.

Auburn horticultural experts painted a grim picture during the press conference on the likelihood the trees would survive after a massive dose of Spike poison that was applied in the fall. The trees are the focal point of Auburn athletic victories, and are rolled with toilet tissue after big wins.

Code:

fsmak08 02-17-2011 02:48 PM

Code:

I have no idea what you are talking about......I don't remember ever saying anything to you on here about Auburn but I do get drunk and.........well you know the rest.

jimmywayne 02-18-2011 09:00 AM

FSMAK08 it was a post that you made about Cam Newtom. that Auburn would have to forget the entire season, and they might have to. I don't know if they would rule Cam as a disqualify candidate mabe they will maybe they won't. but FSMAK08 you showed me that your not one of those crazy Alabama fan that hopes that any thing that happens in Auburn is ok

beastley 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

i enjoy the coherency of jimmywayne's posts. and yeah, the guy's a fucking idiot for pulling that. go gators

pympton 02-19-2011 12:41 PM

Isn't the guy an ex cop? Kind of scares me that someone who takes a game this seriously is allowed to carry around a loaded weapon and use it. I'm a huge football fan (Go Gators), but I always remember that it's a game. Unfortunately there are these idiots for ever team. My wife was in the UF band, and told me stories how FSU fans would throw urine at them when they were getting ready to take the field.