The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   soccer fans... (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=23458)

BarryMcCockiner 08-06-2009 12:30 PM

soccer fans...

I know there are a few Brits on here, so there's bound to be a few more soccer fans. Who's your team/s and how do you see them doing this year?

Liverpool's my first choice, really didn't want to lose Xabi, but I like Aquilani and if he can stay healthy I think he'll be a good fit. If Gerrard and Torres stay fit, we've got to be right up there in the PL.

After the Reds, I pull for DC United in MLS, Barcelona in La Liga, and Roma in Serie A.

Now let's see what percentage of original replies there are about how gay soccer is...

beastley 08-06-2009 01:02 PM

after spending half my summer in espana, i got interested in futbol. also i took a spanish sports course in school, so that started me off.

i got a Real Betis jersey, because even though they ended up falling to second division, i just like to support the underdogs...but if i had to choose a somewhat good team in la primera division, id follow sevilla(even though theyre betis' rivals)

beastley 08-06-2009 01:07 PM

and of course, for the WC, im gonna support EspaNa.

Pobs 08-06-2009 03:13 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

We have this sport in England called Football which sounds vaguely familiar....

DontSnatch 08-06-2009 05:48 PM

i wish i followed soccer. im glued to the TV for the world cup and euro cup. my problem is its not that easy to follow club soccer..yeah there are websites out there.. but its not front page yahoo sports or espn. and i dont wake up in the morning to sportscenter highlights from the matches last night.

cyberjones 08-06-2009 06:07 PM

Chelsea,Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Bayern, Chicago Fire, and Boston Breakers

BarryMcCockiner 08-07-2009 11:57 PM

Anyone else seen the new Getafe kits? Hilarious.

nachos1345 08-08-2009 12:18 AM

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I try to follow as regularly as I can, World Cup, Euro, UEFA, etc. Teamwise I follow Arsenal, the prospects for this season looked good until we lost Adebayor and Toure to Man City and Nasri broke his fucking leg. Fabregas will have a good season and hopefully Arshavin won't be a bust, I'm optimistic.

Oh and ESPN Soccernet is the shit.

BarryMcCockiner 08-10-2009 08:24 AM

Code:

Arshavin is an animal. He started a little slow, but he's gotten comfortable with the Premiership style of play, that much is evident after the Liverpool game. He'll be great.

Frothy Afterbirth 08-14-2009 04:23 PM

Code:

Do you have Sky Sports or BBC Sports channels?