The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - ♫♪ DSF Jukebox ♫♪ (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Maxbaileys choice. (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=15409)

maxbailey 02-06-2009 06:39 AM

Maxbaileys choice.

Believe it or not, this is the music I listen to on a regular basis. There isn't a day goes by that I don't listen to at least one of these artists.

I like most music with the exception of heavy dance and hip hop. I just don't get it, maybe i'm too old or too white :confused:.

I also prefer a female vocal to a male vocal but some people like Johnny Cash and Elvis do more than break that rule for me. I grew up with Elvis music in my house as my dad is a HUGE Elvis fan and I guess it's just transferred onto me because I love his music too.

As for Janis Joplin, in my opinion she was one of the most talented vocalists ever even if my missus thinks she sounds like one of Marge Simpsons sisters :eek: .

Anyway, enough bullshit, here is my list...

Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones

salumeria 02-06-2009 06:09 PM

Interesting that your two Johnny Cash songs are covers. Don't get me wrong, I think those covers are light years better than the originals. Still, interesting.

maxbailey 02-08-2009 05:25 PM

I think it was Johnny Cash himself that said that it doesn't matter who sings the song, a good song is a good song.

I think Hurt is one of the most powerful songs I have ever heard and the video just blows me away.

satan666 02-10-2009 04:38 PM

This playlist made me realize that i have never really listened to much Elvis and for that i am ashamed.... i must go rectify this now.

thanks Max :)

thermos 02-10-2009 04:52 PM

Damn Max - are you a 55 year old american?

I dig your list though, all good tunage.

maxbailey 02-11-2009 01:53 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Haha, I was brought up to dig good music and to me this is good music.

There is something quite peculiar about middle age Scottish guys walking about dressed as cowboys in the middle of Glasgow, so I stay well away from that side of it. I just like the music.

Thanks for the comments.

jo_dile 02-12-2009 08:26 PM

Absolutely love this playlist. Awesome Max. ;)