The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's the Last Movie You Watched? And how was it? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=5756)

TheJuice 06-01-2020 03:28 PM

I'm so goddamn bored I have resorted to watching shitty movies like this one. At least they're sort of rebooting the franchise (or at least attempting to) with some new blood, but for christsakes stop casting 80 year old Schwarzeneggar for action movies. At least he was 'The guy in the chair' for most of the movie.

drchin 11-29-2020 09:19 AM

The New Mutants

Watchable.

Sort of Blumhouse does MARVEL, a flick that seems more horror story than typical MARVEL origin story. Only notable stars are Anya-Taylor Joy as Magik, and Madam's favorite - Maisie "eyebrows" Williams as Wolfsbane.

Some fairly scary imagery for a PG-13 flick and a bit of PG-13 lesbian action as "eyebrows" (who's 13 in the comics, btw) gets all kissy faced with another mutant named Mirage. Ridiculously pat ending as though they didn't know how to resolve the main conflict or simply ran out of ideas and thought "Let's just close this thing off."

Don't know if this is a kick-off for some more movies. I suppose it depends on audience attention. Who can tell in this weird time we're going through.

MadamMeow 11-29-2020 08:17 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Nooooo, not the eyebrow girl and as "Wolverine". :( :evillol Glad it was watchable, but not sure I will be able to get into this next round.

TheJuice 12-01-2020 04:15 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

This is leftovers from the Fox Universe. Disney won't be doing any more of that garbage. :trolllol

drchin 01-05-2021 11:39 AM

Ava

meh

So take some shaky cam, add in swooping camera pans and some rapid fire editing cuts and it becomes totally plausible for roomy hipped, mom jeans wearing 43 year old Jessica Chastain to mow down a squad of special ops soldiers like she's John freekin' Wick. Also totally plausible for nearly 70 year old John Malkovich to hold is own in a knock down, drag out brawl with mid-forties Colin Farrell. *sigh*

Typical plot -- troubled teen enters Army to get straigtened out, leaves Army, becomes troubled again, saved by former C.O. (Malkovich, now part of some black ops/spook agency -- a recurring role for him these days) who re-straightens her out and turns her into an elite assassin. She falls out of favor with her "agency" employer who tries to kill her. Violence and family drama ensues.

Brief appearances by Geena Davis as Ava's mother and Common as her whiny bitch ex-boyfriend who's banging Ava's sister now.

No sex or nudity, only some slight underboob in the featured red dress. Nothing to recommend this flick unless you want a chuckle as the filmmakers try to make us believe that Jessica Chastain has ever gone jogging in her life.

drchin 01-26-2021 04:13 AM

The Mandela Effect

watchable

A better than expected story of a young computer games designer/coder who loses his young daughter in a tragic accident. As he struggles with his grief, he begins to wonder if life is a computer simulation. Seizing on the phenomenon of mass mis-remembered events and such (the so named Mandela Effect of the movie's title . . . it's apparently a thing, you can google it) he believes these faulty memories are simply glitches in the code of the simulation or the effects of the system making corrections in the program. He decides if this life is indeed a simulation, perhaps he can overload the system and force a reboot, which may bring back his daughter.

Some fun tech-y talk about game design and quantum physics and so on. No sex or nudity. Only one name I recognized in the credits. Wasn't expecting much from this flick, but it sort of pulled me in. On Amazon Prime at the moment as a free flick.

Five Inch Taint 02-03-2021 09:26 PM

Palm Springs 9/10

Surprisingly good movie.

FAHQ 02-05-2021 12:02 PM

Pretty decent reviews. Older movie that i don't remember seeing anything about until I saw someone do a TikTok on it. My wife wasn't a big fan of the ending but overall i thought it was good.

The Godfather 02-06-2021 10:28 PM

Archive (2020)

Major Plot Twist. Go watch it!

Five Inch Taint 02-09-2021 10:55 PM

Ford vs Ferrari

9/10. Really good movie