The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I've gotta real world plumbing problem and could use some opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=39088)

shadowrogue335 11-15-2010 11:38 PM

I've gotta real world plumbing problem and could use some opinions

Okay so earlier this evening I come home to find water all over the floor of my garage, there's a little room behind it that has the water heater and softener and my workshop in it. Well there's a sink back there that is the drain off for the water softener and the washing machine in the house that is flooded, I turned off the water and drained the sink and proceed to snake the pipe for probably a good twenty feet. Nothing came out and the sink still won't drain, I'm thinking maybe I should get a jug of Drano and try that before I go out and get a longer snake or end up having to call a plumber. So what do you guys think?

Magnusrex 11-15-2010 11:48 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

dude just call a plumber i was a plumbers apprentice/journeyman for 2 years before i decide i had handled enough shit and went back to school. and the one thing i've learned is when you have reached the end of what you can do, call a pro. btw have you checked to see if your water heater still has a bottom to it, sometimes they can rot out and bam! 30 gallons on the floor.:D

Mr Handlebars 11-15-2010 11:57 PM

Code:

Code:

Mags right. You need a plumber. If a draining sink doesn't go down after 20 of snaking, then you might just have tree roots in your pipes.

good luck

MrGoutHimself 11-15-2010 11:59 PM

Code:

I was going to mention the possibility of roots in the pipes but Mustache beat me to it. +1

shadowrogue335 11-17-2010 12:06 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, calling one tomorrow then.

moviephile 11-17-2010 12:19 AM

Make sure you don't have one of these!!

Mr Handlebars 11-17-2010 12:28 AM

Code:

or let moviephile use your toilet. He's just clog it up again on you. :evilgrin:

jo_dile 11-18-2010 12:16 AM

Heres my opinion: Capers are DELICIOUS!!! :D kthxbai