The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Teixeira (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=13551)

artaco 12-23-2008 05:41 PM

Teixeira

I can't fucking believe this.
As a die hard Red Sox fan I am very bitter over this.

Yanks sign Teixeira for 8 years, $180 million

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

BleacherCreature420 12-23-2008 05:46 PM

Welcome to the Bronx..... I'll have a great view of his jersey from the right field bleachers!!!!!

artaco 12-23-2008 05:52 PM

Code:

Thats funny...I was actually thinking of you when I posted that (I remembered the pic you posted from your seats).

I heard on the radio that the Yanks want the season ticket holders to sign a 3 year deal to keep there tickets. I also heard they were 1.2 mill......YES MILL.... a season. Is this true?

TheSNakE 12-23-2008 05:55 PM

Code:

They tore down the greatest ball park in the world so they can charge people ridiculous amounts of money for the seats. They will never get another penny of my money. Slow death to Stienbrenner and the rest of the cock suckers who tore down Yankee stadium.

BleacherCreature420 12-23-2008 05:57 PM

i can believe that for the FULL season package for right behind homeplate/ the dugouts. My bleacher package, for every saturday home game runs about 160, with playoff options before the general public. there are a variety of different ticket plans available, but fuck that is a lot for seats to a ball game.......but in new york, they can always find people to pay it. Dont forget also a lot of those crazy seats are owned by companies who take clients and things of that nature.....

also as glad as I am we are getting him, i was SHOCKED.....After C.C. and A.J. i didnt think there was much of a chance to sign another big name.........guess i was wrong

p.s. i agree snake, tearing down yankee stadium is a tragedy and I wish there was some other way it could have remained as a tribute to baseball, an extension of cooperstown to the roots of baseball in new york, not just the yanks but all NY teams that moved etc...very sad and my last game in the house that ruth built was bittersweet

artaco 12-23-2008 06:00 PM

I wonder what this does for Manny! Were the hell is he going to go?

BleacherCreature420 12-23-2008 06:03 PM

haha i hear the red sox are looking to pick someone up

jizzay 12-23-2008 06:09 PM

I love it. As a Reds fan I envy the Yankee faithful for having an owner that will spend to win. As for tearing down Yankee Stadium, let's not forget that that was not all original. If we were talking about the Original Stadium before the renovation then I would agree with the landmark. Sadly, Wrigley and Fenway will be the last standing monuments to when the game was pure and played for the love of it, not for the money. But it is sad to watch the corporations add seat where seats should not be added in these two Meccas of sports.

TheSNakE 12-23-2008 06:13 PM

Code:

well, this is embarrassing, but I took my daughter to one of the last games. The one where Giambi hit a homer in the ninth with 2 outs for a walk off win. I didn't cry when my mom died, but I wept uncontrollably when I was walking down those halls for the last time. I was at the game where Mantle hit is 500th with my dad and now 40 years later after many games with my daughter and remembering her face when she first walked out that hallway and saw the field for the first time. I just lost it lol

jizzay 12-23-2008 06:20 PM

Code:

That's not embarrassing at all. I only wish for a moment like you had. My daughter detests all sports so sadly it will never happen. You had a moment most sons who become father can only hope for.