The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - stepPOLLS (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Absinthe (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=6290)

Sickboy76 06-15-2008 08:44 PM

Absinthe

Have any of you guys ever had it?

deadinabottle 06-15-2008 09:03 PM

i find the whole absinthe thing to be real trendy...needless to say, i had some when i visited amsterdam about 8 years ago and did enjoy it

Goat Gosselin 06-15-2008 10:03 PM

i bought a bottle to c what all the fuss was about, had one shot, worst tasting thing i have ever had. tried it the was ppl had said with the sugar and all, almost puked in my kitchen, i put the lid on the bottle and it sat in my fridge for 4 yrs, til i moved and threw it out

Choppie 06-15-2008 10:29 PM

Yep, eabsinthe.com rules. You can legally import like 1.7 liters into the U.S., and they refund your money if customs snags it for some other reason.

TheSNakE 06-15-2008 11:10 PM

That shit rules! I tried it once and loved it.

mhump23 06-15-2008 11:55 PM

I almost bought some at BevMo Thursday night and stuck with beer instead. They have a small sampler bottle of some domestic stuff for 7.99. It's distilled I think in Oakland and is supposed to be pretty good quality. I'll get some my next night for drinkin'...

Beatrix Kiddo 06-17-2008 07:37 AM

Yep, A friend brought some over from overseas a few months ago. It truly is the nastiest stuff on earth. Me and my friend ended up drinking pretty much the whole bottle anyway. I don't think we felt anything other than super super wasted. It's disgusting, but if I was offered the stuff again, I don't think that I would turn it down.

TheSNakE 06-17-2008 08:25 AM

The stuff they make here in the states sucks. It doesn't have the main ingredient that made all those French people go crazy. I think you need to get the stuff from Europe for it to have any wormwood in it. That's the stuff that I tried and it rules. You get such a weird kinda trippy head.

Choppie 06-17-2008 08:40 AM

I'm telling you guys, mix it with Vault, it's great. Kills the aftertaste as well.

Choppie 06-17-2008 08:44 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Yep, thujone or something, is the chemical in it. Legally we can only import enough for personal use.