The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's the Last Movie You Watched? And how was it? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=5756)

drchin 01-11-2022 01:23 PM

The Protege

Watchable.

Found this for 99¢ on Amazon Prime. Better than average chick assassin flick, decent plot/storyline helped along by Michael Keaton and Samuel L. Jackson. Also helping is that 42 year old Maggie Q at least looks like she can do the action in the movie unlike the plush, roomie Jessica Chastain who's been shoehorned into yet another spy/chick/assassin flick.

drchin 05-17-2022 04:48 AM

Death on the Nile

Not recommended.

A mean-spirited adaptation of the classic Agatha Christie novel, very unfaithful to the source material. Albert Finney's wonderful take on Poirot is available On Demand and maybe you can find Peter Ustinov's version of Death on the Nile somewhere. Either is a far better use of your time than this dreck.

drchin 05-17-2022 05:01 AM

Clean

Watchable.

Adrien Brody steps into the revenge genre with this flick that he wrote and produced, as a NYC garbage man with a violent past struggling to deal with a tragic loss in his life. Kind of a noir-ish color palette and Brody adds more acting ability than is usually seen in these movies to flesh out the character and his motivations.

It's beginning to turn up on some of the streaming services, so you ought to be able to catch it somewhere without having to rent it.

Watching the credits, I got a chuckle out of seeing that Brody is credited for the original music in the flick as well.

Vodkaman 05-17-2022 03:28 PM

Old

This summer, visionary filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan unveils a chilling, mysterious new thriller about a family on a tropical holiday who discover that the secluded beach where they are relaxing for a few hours is somehow causing them to age rapidly - reducing their entire lives into a single day.

Wasn't so bad, I was kind of bummed when I found out it wasn't a documentary about Amtronics

The Godfather 05-17-2022 04:25 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Real freaky when the lady started break/healing in the cave.

Vodkaman 05-17-2022 08:41 PM

Code:

shit that nightmares are made of

TheJuice 05-18-2022 12:38 AM

Doctor Strange 2

I'm lazy tonight, find your own pic.

IMHO, this is the weakest MCU film to date.

Vodkaman 05-18-2022 09:52 AM

Code:

Got you

drchin 08-06-2022 10:19 AM

Code:

Watched this last night. GF's right -- cool twist at the end. Interesting to note that the writer/director Gavin Rothery also worked on the movie Moon -- another sort of twist-y flick with an AI robot.

nzdawghaus 08-09-2023 02:43 PM

Hidden Strike

Holy fuck, this shit was stupid. Shoulda just rewatched Twisted Metal.