The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What's the best big arena concert you have ever been to? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=7154)

MEGADOUCHE 07-10-2008 09:37 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

been a huge fan since Back It Up in '81. from there i became obsessed with all his stuff. never saw him live. he was supposed to be here in march, but came down with the flu and cancelled. bummer.

TheSNakE 07-10-2008 09:46 PM

Code:

cool, I'm sure a lot of these youngsters never heard of him. He's one of the all time best in my opinion. James Dewar was awesome too.

MEGADOUCHE 07-10-2008 09:52 PM

Code:

James Dewar R.I.P.

Big fan of Davey Pattison

gallow737 07-10-2008 10:46 PM

AC/DC. Hands down. One of the best shows I've ever seen and probably the best I will ever see

mhump23 07-13-2008 01:00 AM

Code:

No doubt!!! Bridge of Sighs remains one of my alltime favorite albums. It's uncanny how Trower seems "channel" the spirit of Hendrix yet keeps his own style. James Dewer without a doubt had one of the greatest voices in rock!

Saw them in a little place called the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville Florida back probably in 1974. It's one of those cool old converted movie theatres with the Art Deco decoration and great acoustics. I had forgotten how good that show was till I saw posts. Good stuff!!

TheSNakE 07-13-2008 01:18 AM

Code:

I saw them from the nose bleed section at Madison Square Garden. It must have been really cool to see them in a small venue.
Good to see another Trower fan.

mhump23 07-13-2008 12:41 PM

Code:

Yeah that little place probably only holds 1500 people at best. Sometimes the best shows are the more intimate in my opinion!

pocoyo 07-14-2008 03:15 AM

Big Day Out 98 (Milton Keynes, UK) - Headline by Black Sabbath Reunion
Big Day Out 99 (Milton Keynes, UK) - Headline by Metallica

Back to back Metal headlines. Lineup includes mercyful fate, pantera, slayer, fear factory, marilyn manson etc.

Shasturbator 07-23-2008 08:55 AM

Aerosmith....

I can't believe there's only one mention of them here....hands down the best I've seen...

Geaux Saints 07-23-2008 10:23 AM

Code:

I saw Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, and Faith No More at the Superdome in New Orleans. That was a great show. I ended up seeing Metallica 3 times that year. They put on a GREAT show and they sound fantastic LIVE!

Def Leppard (Hysteria tour) with Queensryche was my first concert and also a GREAT show. The square stage was in the middle of the floor. Not a bad seat in the house.