The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Breathtaking Guitars/Basses (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=35553)

kcamsdog1387 06-25-2010 09:33 AM

So after some more research I figured out why that Aerodyne neck feels so comfortable and familiar to me compared to other Jazz basses I've played. While it has the normal 1.5" Jazz bass width at the nut, the radius on the fingerboard is like that of a P-Bass (7.25" as opposed to the 9.25" of normal Jazz basses and vintage Fender guitars) so it feels more rounded while being thinner. This is also the reason I don't care for Spectors and Warwicks. Spector's fingerboard radius is a wicked flat 16" and Warwicks are about the same.

Zakko 07-22-2010 06:37 AM

My collection:

Zakko 08-22-2010 08:36 AM

New Guitar Day Yesterday:

Fender 60s Closet Classic

Foetus 08-24-2010 08:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYfkwuubxY

Magnusrex 09-02-2010 04:07 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

is that an old Mustang?

Fever 09-06-2010 07:32 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I think the mustang had 2 coils, but I could be wrong. Cobain played one.

The 'Closet Classic' is a pre-distressed repro-ax, I believe - a friend picked up a 'Relic' level Strat a while back that looked like it was beat to shit. kinda like buying pre-ripped jeans (but made in the Fender custom shop to the original specs).