The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Your current favorite television show(s) (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=20892)

Five Inch Taint 06-03-2009 11:50 PM

Family Guy
T.U.F.
Myth Busters
Dexter

Nickc 06-03-2009 11:53 PM

Damn this is hard not to list a ton of shows..

LOST
Party Down
Family Guy
Mad Men
Burn Notice
History Detectives(PBS)
Pardon the Interruption(P.T.I)
Eli Stone(R.I.P)

I dig Gordon Ramsey as well.He's hilarious...

mav8989 06-04-2009 04:12 AM

Law & Order SVU (although I feel a bit dirty inside after watching some episodes)
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
CSI (Vegas)
and my guilty pleasure is Chuck. I'm a bit of nerd and I think Yvonne Strahovski is hot as hell!

Pobs 06-04-2009 03:38 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

True.... but it's a comedy about geeks..... which I am one of.... so I just love it!!!

McHookerino 06-04-2009 03:39 PM

Yeah i totally forgot about Big bang Theory and Chuck

Eddie Jericho 06-04-2009 03:46 PM

Heroes
Lost
Bones
American Chopper
Dog the Bounty Hunter

Bong O. Boi 06-04-2009 07:23 PM

Breaking Bad- Cranston is fantastic. I love the fish out of water concept anyway, but to watch this decent man basically trade in his soul for the future of his family is spellbinding. The characters are a little sterotypical, but not too heavy handed. The son with palsey is a different character, tho. Normally kids on TV with disabilities are either developmentally disabled, or they're defined by the disability. Jr. is just a normal kid who happens to use crutches. It's refreshing to see a character like that.

Dexter- Serial killers. How wrong can you go? I've never read the books, but I'm fascinated by the Code and the backstory of Harry teaching him how to get away with murder. That mentality just hooks me right in. You realize your kid's a psychopath, so you instill this Code in him, rather than getting him help to fight his urges. Brilliant episodic TV.

Big Love- Sopranos for radical LDS types. Mormonism in general, and the Principle in particular, has always interested me. Mormons are obsessed with history, like I am, but they also use history as a tool for their own ends. Kinda like me, too. The characters are very believable and sympathetic. The storylines are realistic, with little tweaks that just smack of believability. Rhonda, the Prophet's child bride and her overinflated ego. I'm sure that in a lot of child bride homes, there's a favorite who, while being victimized by adults, is all about using their status to lord over everyone else. Lots of twists and turns.

The Office (USA Version)- Brilliant stuff. What more can be said. Great ensemble cast, out of the box writing.

Kings- I really liked Kings and am bummed it tanked. It was just different from anything else on TV.

Red

nachos1345 06-22-2009 11:47 PM

I just started watching Dexter and now I'm hooked, it's consuming my life... Oh, and of course the fifth season of Weeds.

Five Inch Taint 06-23-2009 12:03 AM

Reno 911. Thats one of the funniest shows on TV.

gallow737 06-23-2009 12:51 AM

Only shows I've really watched over the past several months:

1) 30 Rock
2) True Blood
3) Scrubs
4) Eastbound & Down
5) Entourage
6) Top Gear
7) Breaking Bad
8) Important Things with Demitri Martin