The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Again (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=1920)

Thomas 05-27-2008 03:31 AM

^^^ Fucking epic... Chuck is a genius. No really, he is.

Read any of his other books and tell me he's not, I DARE YOU.

rdc2007 05-27-2008 08:47 AM

I said it before. I like his stories but his style of writing is so contrived that it keeps knocking me right out of the story. Which aggravates me because I want to know what happens next, not try to focus myself back into the narrative. I recently read Lullaby and probably would have given up on it had I not been in a situation where I had nothing to do but read.

IMO, and remember I said IMO, a good writer does not distract you from the story. I like the feeling that I'm surfacing from the deep when I finish a book or reach a chapter end, relishing the plunge back in head first for more. I can't do that with Palahniuk's work because I can't get deep enough without some narrative "cleverness" wrenching me out, making me roll my eyes and remembering that Poppy Z. Brite told me the very same thing about Palahniuk. It's like he's writing for soundbites.

In a nutshell, I like his stories but am discouraged by his style.

Badhorsie 05-27-2008 09:57 AM

Ahaaaaaaaa....

Oh thank you for 'splaining!

Now everything makes much more sense!

I have seen Fight Club, but not read it. However, I DID just finish "Choke" about a guy who fake chokes in restaurants for attention. Among other things. It was...... *ok*. It didn't get a star from me, but I'll try CP again. Maybe this wasn't his best.

Yalvulcon 05-27-2008 02:02 PM

am a guy from louisville ky i have been lurkin here for a while after following a link from orsm.net. though i would start postin as often as i can.

Shasturbator 05-27-2008 02:05 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

another Cards fan?

Yalvulcon 05-27-2008 07:30 PM

Till the day that i Die. Got both my kids yelling go cards go cards go cards

Dtr 06-01-2008 07:37 AM

Hey, been a lurker for awhile and thought I'd join up. First forum I've joined since 2001 when I gave up on the Fangoria forums. Be gentle y'all .:o

I'll try to keep my fanboy/jackassery to a non annoying minimum.

Mrs.BlackCrypt 06-01-2008 09:20 AM

I'm BC's wifey pooh. Not much to know about me. I'm gimpy, boring, and a health geek. He lured me here under false pretenses of candy, rainbows and pastel horsies. He lied.

SexyLion 06-01-2008 09:28 AM

Welcome Mrs. BC...we are glad to have you, and let me be the first to encourage you to show your tits for an avatar.

Mrs.BlackCrypt 06-01-2008 12:30 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

:eek:Trust me, not something you wanna see!!! Would blind you. Not sure why BC isn't blind yet.

Thank you for the welcome though. I'm still kinda feeling my way around.