The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What was the last concert/show you went to and how was it? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=32215)

seisseisseis 04-01-2011 05:22 PM

The Deadweather (Jack Whites new band). Was phenomenal.

nufan 04-02-2011 02:50 AM

Against Me! show at the Music Box in Los Angeles

Fake Problems - OK
Fences - Sucked ass
Cheap Girls - Sounded like the same song for 30 minutes, and the song was shit
Against Me! - Fucking destroyed it

Predator24 04-02-2011 06:39 AM

It was also good to see Rob Halford still performing.

professor chaos 04-02-2011 09:37 PM

A few bands I've seen lately
-Enter Shikari, woe is me, scarlet o'hara- Fucking epic, 4th time I've seen them and every time is great

-mc chris- First time seeing him and it was hilarious, some of my friends got kicked out for heckling him but me and my friend dressed as black han solo had a great time

-Max Bemis- kinda disappointed he just played acoustic say anything songs and nothing off max bemis and the painful splits

-As I lay dying, Winds of Plague, After The Burial- Some real fun pits and had a great time with after the burial before and after the show.

-A day to remember, Bring me the horizon, we came as romans- Packed to the rafters with annoying little kids, the bands sounded great but all the little fucks tend to ruin it

-The word alive, color moral, abandon all shipsdrove 3 1/2 hours to this show to see my boys in the word alive. pretty epic

-Dance gavin dance, iwrestledabearonce, In fear and faith, close to homeClose to home put on a great show, iwrestledabearonce was awesome and I now have Krysta (the lead singer's) phone number even though i was about blackout drunk backstage.

-Of mice and men, woe is me, i set my friends on fire in these small venues, these guys are great. The original singer for om&m was back and a total dick.

-And i'm sure i'm forgeting a bunch

- Their are a bunch coming up that I'm excited to be going to
-Silverstein, texas in july
-donald glover (childish gambino)
-Bamboozle in NJ
-Warped tour in Maryland

chrisb77 05-22-2011 03:25 AM

The last concert I saw was The Avalanche Tour, Stone Sour, Theory Of A Deadman, Skillet, Halestorm, and Art of dying. Very good show

cmetz 05-25-2011 10:57 PM

just saw face2face last wed., they kicked ass as usual...their new album sounded great! might be the first album i have actually thought aboot buying in over ten years

roccostiff 05-26-2011 08:59 AM

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals... Great show.

C-Bear 05-27-2011 01:42 AM

Amon Amarth ... Played entire new CD , then a few more . Took a 20 minute break , came back and put out another hour of music. Last time I saw a band put on a show like that was An Evening With Metallica . Fantastic!

gallow737 05-28-2011 07:04 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Spelunker 08-14-2011 12:35 PM

Code:

Great band.

Last for me was William Elliot Whitmore, a great bluesman out of Iowa, mostly banjo and bootheel on the stage.

bondgirl 06-30-2012 10:56 AM

;) :cool: ;)

MadamMeow 07-20-2012 11:41 AM

Deicide - Dead By Dawn

This is live footage from my first concert. This show was awesome. Glen Benton walked right by me & looked right at me and his eyes just looked so fucking evil. :evillol As a 16 year old, that was a turn on. Haha.

I'm pretty sure we scored some tables, but I think I saw one of my friends in the pit. Definitely an awesome first concert. :spin:

skywalker 07-20-2012 12:22 PM

Phish 7/8/12
Good show, I wish I had gone the night before, they played sabotage in tribute to the death of MCA

DatDude 07-29-2012 09:08 AM

Going to see Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw at Cleveland Brown Stadium today. Yee Haw. Lol

Eccles 10-09-2012 02:15 PM

Saw Radiohead at the 02 arena last night. Fucking transcendent

Look who was also there

skarekrow 10-11-2012 06:23 PM

I think the last one was Deftones in June about 18 months ago. Hopefully I'll be catching them again in November.

Josephus 10-12-2012 08:56 AM

Code:

Your math sucks...:confused:

Clutch, again this 12/30, Starland Ballroom, again...:evilgrin:

skarekrow 10-15-2012 06:04 PM

I rounded up because I didn't think the exact math mattered.

ultramount 10-18-2012 01:13 PM

Vintage Trouble and Joss Stone. Hadn't heard of VT but they were better than Joss Stone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBjcgGSwMG8

Mrs. September 10-22-2012 06:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJXeMMapgnM

Saw Motorhead last year

The crowd was an amazing mix, more ages than any show I've been to

ms. cellany 10-24-2012 11:51 AM

A couple weekends ago was the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival here in SF. It's great fun - about 750,000 people crowded into a section of Golden Gate Park for three days of free music (thank you Warren Hellman!). It's a tradition for me and my friends, even though it's gotten more and more crowded each year. So lovely though: set up a blanket, bring a bunch of food and alcohol, and have a weekend full of free music!

Here's some photos from this year:

Les Claypool's Duo de Twang was good fun:

Yyrk 10-24-2012 11:58 AM

For me, Silversun Pickups 2 years ago. It was pretty good too.

I don't get out much anymore :)

Rockula 11-06-2012 02:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBGz...ure=plpp_video

Had an absolute blast at Here Come The Mummies concert a few weeks back.

Bam-Bam 05-03-2013 11:45 PM

Just got home from seeing Clutch! What a great fucking show!

moviephile 05-12-2013 08:45 PM

Saw Turnpike Troubadours on friday, 3rd or 4th time I've seen them. Great live band... and I'm not a big country fan.

roccostiff 05-13-2013 06:48 AM

Soundgarden at the palace in louisville.

Bam-Bam 08-05-2013 12:37 PM

Saw Black Sabbath last night in Holmdel NJ - Fucking amazing show!

MadamMeow 08-05-2013 12:42 PM

Code:

Was it Oz Fest? Are they still doing that?

I saw them for the first three and I have to agree, it's a totally amazing show. :)

Bam-Bam 08-05-2013 05:23 PM

Code:

No it was just Sabbath - minus Bill Ward on drums. They sounded amazing!

peepeehead 08-23-2013 10:32 AM

The Dwarves, Show was completely disapointing! They used to be my favorite band, but damn those old guys just dont know when to quit! Their new albums completely erased what was a legendary saga of their classic albums.:evillol :evillol

Bam-Bam 06-12-2014 07:04 AM

Spent last weekend at Mountain Jam,

I'm still recovering ...

amtronic 06-12-2014 08:15 AM

Robert Goulet -- South Pacific.
You could say it's been a while.

skarekrow 09-02-2014 11:34 PM

Soundgarden/NIN
Third time seeing Nails. It was an awesome show. First time I've seen Soundgarden and they were great.

rippitydoo 12-15-2014 02:03 AM

Last show of the Monkees tour in Cleveland in June... Currently wearing the shirt I bought during Davy's last tour.

MadamMeow 12-15-2014 09:30 AM

Code:

That's awesome! They were way before my time, but I remember getting up at 3am to watch their show on Nick at Night when I was a toddler.

rippitydoo 12-15-2014 11:48 PM

Code:

Me too! I think I got hooked on them during the Anniversary stuff in '86. My sister & I still remember the name of the venue we saw them at for that tour. (We could've sworn Mike was with them, but understand that's wrong now.) I still have my shirts from the '97 tour, as well as Davy's last (basically, "Headquarters" cover w/o Mike) & the tour last Spring.

I was wearing the latest shirt when I went with a parent to Breakfast a few weeks ago.. When walking out, a man pointed to me & asked, "Do you know who the Monkees were?!" I replied, "Oh, yeah!" He added he'd wondered if people my age knew about them... As he left, I said to my Mom, "Wonder how he'd feel if he knew my 7-year-old nephew knows about them (thanks to me)!!"

MadamMeow 12-16-2014 10:05 AM

Code:

Good man. You gotta keep the classics going for the younger generation. They have the worst music being thrown at them right now. All this new pop stuff angers me. There's no talent in autotune.

roccostiff 12-17-2014 08:07 PM

Alice in Chains this past summer.. Never fails to be a great show..

MadamMeow 12-17-2014 09:07 PM

Code:

Always loved them. Wish I've seen them live! :spin:

who wants a body massage? 01-27-2015 08:52 PM

I saw an epic Beatles tribute band called Rain, in Nashville maybe a year and a half ago. Makes me sad I never got to see the real deal live. I was born 30 years too late, missed all the good shit. I'd trade my 80s nintendo generation childhood to have been a teenager in the 50s or 60s. Both decades were a great time to be young. (if you dont count the vietnam war)