The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FOOD - Any recipes, stories, or pics (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=21876)

J@ckpot 07-29-2009 02:39 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

On the subject, do you know much about "roof" bacon? I've never heard of it and I had it as part of a salad app at a really nice spot in NOLA. It was basically a square of belly that was cured (so bacon) but I couldn't figure out the prep method. Seemed slow roasted maybe? Was awesome though..

J@ckpot 07-29-2009 02:43 PM

Code:

Oh and forgot to ask. Do you have any better recipe for the adovada being from Albq? I got this while I was there but had to change some things. It called for 1tbsp of salt which was outrageous..

thermos 07-29-2009 04:15 PM

Code:

lol @ you fags playing nice now. done throwing food at each other?

I made a kick ass apple cobbler last night though - I'll try to post the recipe because the resident hippie might like it.

organic granny smith apples, maple syrup, raw milk butter and organic coconut flour with lemon juice/rind and cinnamon, from what I remember. Pretty simple but damned good.

yes, yes, I know. mock me and my faggot natural ass - but I got to hit it from behind in front of the mirror after my pregnant wife sated her apple craving.

ThatHaole 07-29-2009 04:22 PM

Code:

Did she play with your ass too or was that your warm apple pie she fingered?

Meh. I treat dsf like a kitchen. I won't even bother to learn someone's name until they stick around since chances are they will fuck everything up and then leave. And there is more homoerotic tension in a busy kitchen than a turkish bath in San Francisco.

J@ckpot 07-29-2009 04:29 PM

Code:

Hahahaha... Ridiculous.

salumeria 07-29-2009 07:38 PM

Code:

Ever read "Waiter Rant"? The first couple of chapters talk about how all the Latinos in the kitchen taunt the servers about being gay, at least until the main character throws it back at them.

thermos 07-30-2009 07:06 AM

Code:

haha, nice. nope - she just ate the cobbler - complained that I used to much maple syrup (I substituted it for rapadura) and then let me serve her a vaginal creampie. No assduggery, sadly.

and no worries - I found the banter amusing. I'm pretty sure I've argued over my profession and even lamer shit than this - it just looks funny from the outside. carry on.

so can we ask advice on cookware and shit too?

satan666 07-30-2009 07:38 AM

Code:

who's the fag now, eh? :D

thermos 07-30-2009 11:23 AM

Code:

hahaha - I'm totally comfortable discussing my cast iron pans. Totally.

The Therm household needs a new set of knives though - and it's overwhelming my simple mind to select a set.

ms. cellany 07-30-2009 11:30 AM

The hippie apple cobbler sounds good Therm, you know I'm a fan when it's all organic.

The vag creampie sounds even better though. :D