The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Favorite MLB Team?/MLB Talk (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=4579)

gallow737 07-27-2008 02:46 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

General managers get fired because they make bonehead moves. Most GM's are given free reign of an owner's money to make moves. Only a handful of owners will put their say in the matter. Those that don't wind up with teams like the Giants and Mariners. Teams mired with bullshit contracts to bullshit players set up by bullshit GM's who don't know dick about shit.

Cuban would have a say in what goes on, for sure, but I like to think that he'd also be smart enough to avoid bad contracts... like overpaying for players in a contract year. At least I would hope so.

Either way, Mark Cuban would be great for the game of baseball. And in a domino effect, great for your Brewers as well. He's going to put in a 1+ billiob dollar in for the Cubs. This will drive each franchise's net worth up $20 million plus. His ownership will also bring more focus to the Cubs and the national league central on ESPN, and likely draw a bit of spotlight away from the Red Sox/Yankees cocksucking fest they have over at the network, thus also puttin a spotlight on their competitors (Brewers and Cardinals) giving them more exposure.

Not to mention there's so many people who know who he is and what he's capable of that he'd draw non-baseball fans to the sport. He's exactly what the Cubs need in a new owner (a guy who's not afraid to shake things up a bit and shell out a little dough) and exactly what the league needs in a new owner (a guy who can cause some controversy and/or convey a new style of ownership in the major leagues)

If Mark Cuban gets aggressive as the Cubs owner (if he gets the team) it will force the Brewers, Cardinals, Reds, etc. to also get aggressive and make their teams better.

So in the long run... you should want Mark Cuban to buy the Cubs.

jizzay 07-27-2008 02:50 AM

Code:

Well based on his track record with the Mavs. he did indeed do that when he traded for Kidd this year.

jizzay 07-27-2008 02:53 AM

Code:

I agree he would be great for baseball, I often compare him to Steinbrenner or Daniel Snyder. He wants to win and it will make for compelling tv with him behind homeplate yelling at the ump over balls and strikes.

As for making the Reds ( my team) more aggressive, I believe they are turning the page as far as going young. Once Weathers, Arroyo, and Griffey are gone our oldest player will be like 31 or so. Our farm system is in great shape and we finally have an owner willing to spend unlike Linder who pocketed the Yankee check every year.

gallow737 07-27-2008 03:03 AM

Code:

Ahh, thought you were a Brewers fan since you had dissed on my Cubs for falling out of first.

Don't forget you also have a GM who kicked quite a bit of ass in St. Louis as well. Unfortunately you also have Dusty Baker, but it seems he's learning from his past errors as a manager and actually is embracing on base percentage and not abusing young pitchers as much

jizzay 07-27-2008 03:08 AM

Code:

Nope not a brewer's fan. I wasn't so sure about baker's hire and he does make some stupid ass decisions during the game every now and then, but I agree. he has handled the young staff very well and uses his players somewhat effectively . Just wish Patterson would go away now.

gallow737 07-27-2008 12:35 PM

Code:

Good luck with that. His love for Corey Patterson runs deep into his anus, it seems... whatever that means.

jizzay 07-27-2008 12:38 PM

Code:

Right now my shear hatred for Corey Patterson is ranking up there with my hatred of The Louisville Cardinals, Cleveland Browns and St Louis Cardinals.

beastley 07-27-2008 01:44 PM

hey gallow....2 men on and no outs for the marlins vs ur cubbies....

hope we can get some runs.

side note, what do u think about marquis?
i always thought he was a bum of a pitcher...and mike jacobs homering off him just now sorta proves me right.

i just don't know why the cubs gave him such a huge contract.

lastlineofd 07-27-2008 02:43 PM

Nice 6 hitter that Santana just pitched... Mets sure have righted the ship since getting rid of Randolph. Made the NL East quite interesting... gonna be fun down the stretch.

beastley 07-27-2008 02:47 PM

and vandenshit just gave up 5 runs to tie the game.