forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > Announcements

Global Announcement

05-13-2014 until 09-13-2014

Credits: 0 [Check]
TOGIH is having problems, here's what to do.

Well, today while I was at work and no one else was home, the user data and gallery folders on my server have completely disappeared. I have a few theories, none of which I can prove so I'm not going to bother speculating.

My own account was included in the deletions. I've had to turn off the power as new members can join and upload anything and I have no way to police it. That's not good for anyone.

Further to the problem, the forum from the software creator himself where you can go for help no longer exists as well as other forums that provide assistance on the software. I found an archived copy from a closed forum of someone who had the same exact problem I am having, except no one answered him.

Swell.

But until I can figure this out, if ever, we must forge on. I'll put the Chosen Ones back sometime soon.

For the rest of the board we can only keep going. You do have a few options which I may add to as I see fit.

* DO NOT POST WITH IMGUR OR OTHER HOSTS NOT ON THE Approved Hosts List!

* I recommend posting with imgbox. They have upgraded and I have seen them running better than previously.
1. Register or don't register. Your choice.
2. Hit "Select Files"
3. Click the first pic you want to up, scroll down to the last pic, hold shift and click that last pic so all of your pics are highlighted.
4. Change the top drop down to "Not suitable for work".
5. Ignore the sizing, leave it small.
6. Hit upload.
7. On the results screen, on the left under the code boxes, you will find the "Full Size" link. Click it!
8. When that is done, the code you need is the "BB Code for Forums". It is on the right side of the screen.
9. Now copy & paste the code.
NOTE: When posting in full size, gifs will animate.

* Another good alternative is imagebam.
1. Register or don't register. Your choice.
2. Hit the "Select Files" button.
3. Click the first pic you want to up, scroll down to the last pic, hold shift and click that last pic so all of your pics are highlighted.
4. Change the "Select Type Box" to "Not suitable for work".
6. Select your thumbnail size. I recommend the largest (350 x 350), no one likes tiny thumbs.
7. I recommend keeping the aspect ratio the same or the thumbs could look funny if squared.
8. For the gallery options, you can choose to create one, add to an existing one you have (they have a 500 pic limit though) or to not create a gallery. If a user clicks your thumb, they will have an option to click a link to go to the whole gallery if you went that route. If you do not create a gallery, they will have to click each thumb from your DSF post to see it in full size.
9. You can name or describe your gallery, but you don't have to.
10. Hit upload.
11. When that is done, the code you need is the "BB Code for Forums". It is on the left side of the screen.
12. Now copy & paste the code.
NOTE: I've seen super small gifs animate, but mainly one would have to click it to watch it animate.
NOTE: Near the top, you can click the "Basic Upload" button if you want to load them one by one in old school TOGIH fashion.

5/25/15: For those that prefer URL uploading, until this is ironed out, you may use this. http://imgh.us/ I only tried a few pics and it seems fine.

You may discuss as you see fit anywhere really, but it would make the most sense to do it here in the TOGIH News Thread.